b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] FYI: Aramaic study

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] FYI: Aramaic study
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 09:08:04 -0600

hello karl;

how, when and by whom the biblical hebrew language was consumed bear
intimate relevance to the purposes of this forum, your inability to see it,
notwisthstanding. perhaps your wish not to see it.

and it's not my conclusion that the isaiah scroll would have been read
in hebrew language and then in aramaic language in the synagogue in 10 a.d.,
galilee. because the congregation understood no longer the hebrew language.
jack's learned comments implied and/or stated that conclusion.

my conclusion = aramaic, being the language of the congregation's bitter and
historic enemies (just like the arab speaking people today), would no more
have darkened the doorstep of the 10 a.d. synagogue ... than the arab
language darkens the doorsteop of the 2010 a.d., synagogue ... in galilee.

regards,

fred burlingame