b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] geography

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] geography
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:57:33 -0600

Hello Yigal:

If the land grant of genesis 15:18 differs from the land grant of numbers
34:2,

(and permit me to state parenthetically at this juncture, what a nice forum
of ideas you all have here; as it never entered my mind that two different
land grants ever existed);

then, in that event, the disjunctive punctuation appearing above the word
meaning "inheritance" in numbers 34:2, tends to isolate the succeeding
phrase meaning "land of Canaan." Such separation of this phrase tends to
accentuate and identify "land of Canaan," as "a" or "one;" rather than "the"
or "only," land grant.

regards,

fred burlingame