b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Will Parsons <wbparsons AT alum.mit.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] cognate alphabet
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 17:34:15 -0600

Really?

I was unaware that the septuagint was created at one time or even in one
century.

I also understand that general agreement as to the canon of the septuagint
has never arrived.

And surely, the oldest complete manuscripts of the septuagint include both
old & new testaments as but a single document; witness codices vaticanus,
sinaiticus and alexandrinus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septuagint#Creation_of_the_Septuagint

regards,

fred burlingame