b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] art vs. science

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] art vs. science
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:44:53 -0600

Thanks for your comments. I basically agree.

I have no doubt that the language of the masoretic text:

a. was used effectively as a means of communication amongst many people, in
1010 a.d.;

b. could be used effectively as a means of communication, amongst
many people, in 2010 a.d.; and

c. suffers a lack of agreement now, as to what the words meant, then;
thereby rendering it an inappropriate vehicle for communication at this
time.

regards,

fred burlingame