b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] FW: Plural Pronomial Suffixes used in a Singular sense

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] FW: Plural Pronomial Suffixes used in a Singular sense
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 21:42:22 -0500

Joseph,
On a yiqtol verb, the 3ms pronominal suffix can be "nu" (Gen 9:5; 19:34;
21:13 ...) or "hu" (Gen 37:20; 41:33; Exo 1:22 ...), "nu" being more
common.
The 1cp pronominal suffix on yiqtol is also "nu" (Gen 5:29; 50:15; Exo 5:3
...).
So this phrase could be translated either way: "you shall bruise his heel"
or "you shall bruise our heel".

Do you know of any translation that translates it as "our heel"?

Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus.
His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. -
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)