b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Emerging consensus (and paedogogy) on "Waw Consecutive" PSS

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Paul Zellmer" <pzellmer AT sc.rr.com>
  • To: "'Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Emerging consensus (and paedogogy) on "Waw Consecutive" PSS
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 07:16:53 -0400

Thank you, Randall, for explaining that T-A-M is a tool that can be used to
describe an element of a language rather than a single present or
non-present unit in and of itself. While I have subconsciously understood
this three-dimensional view of actions in language, I have never thought to
place that understanding on continuums (continua???). Can you guide me to
the work that first introduced this tool?

Thanks,

Paul Zellmer

Randall wrote:

T-A-M is a neutral term and provides no definition or restriction on any
language, including BH. It's sort of like (but not identical to) using three
nodes, say R-B-Y, for color definitions.