b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Joshua Blau's "Phonology and Morphology of Biblical Hebrew"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Garth Grenache <garthgrenache AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Joshua Blau's "Phonology and Morphology of Biblical Hebrew"
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 06:30:40 -0400

Could you be more specific, please, and show us some examples for the "sensible arguments and logic" in this book.

Isaac Fried, Boston University

On Jul 29, 2010, at 10:36 PM, Garth Grenache wrote:

Dear all,

I just received Joshua Blau's newly translated book, "Phonology and Morphology of Biblical Hebrew", which can be bought here: http:// www.eisenbrauns.com/item/BLAPHONOL

It's a great book, confirming some of my previous ideas about how Hebrew has developed,
and giving me better ideas than I previously had,
presenting sensible arguments and logic with evidence chiefly from Biblical Hebrew itself.

I highly recommend it to all of you on this list.

Garth Grenache,
Australia.