b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] “First Year Lies” was Re: Ruth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Will Parsons <wbparsons AT alum.mit.edu>
  • To: simcha.dana AT gmail.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] “First Year Lies” was Re: Ruth
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:37:19 -0400 (EDT)

From: dana Densmore <simcha.dana AT gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:21:14 -0600

> Dear Oun Kwon,
>
> I can't imagine what you might be talking about here. When I look at the
> sample page online it looks like a perfectly ordinary English font.
> Naturally the online display is a little fuzzier than the printed version,
> but still quite readable to my eye. (Not that it's intended that anyone
> should "learn Hebrew" from an online sample page, as you say you've
> concluded you can't do from this book.)
>
> Still, perhaps I didn't follow what your point was.

Perhaps it depends on the environment, but Oun Kwon isn't imagining things.
When I click on one of the links to a sample page, I get a PDF that is
pretty much illegible. Presumably, the actual book is readable enough,
but the renditions provided on the web page aren't doing it any good.

--
Will Parsons