b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Asher again

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Asher again
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:10:42 -0700

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 6:58 AM, <JimStinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> The pinpoint historical accuracy of Genesis 14: 1-11 in the context of
> the mid-14th century BCE is absolutely stunning.
>
> Jim Stinehart
> Evanston, Illinois
>
> I just read an article linked from Slashdot indicating that when people are
very partisan about an idea that is false, that when shown the truth about
their beliefs, they become even more partisan and saying that the truth is a
lie. I think we have an example of that here.

According to linguistic analysis, the account in Genesis indicates that
Abraham, if he lived, lived in the 19th century BC, not 14th century BC. But
the more we show it, the more Jim Stinehart digs in his heels with
statements as the above. Jim treats Genesis like a myth, then claims that he
is verifying its historicity. If that doesn’t make logical sense to you, it
doesn’t to me either.