b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Generation grammar and b-hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Eric Inman" <eric-inman AT comcast.net>
  • To: <dwashbur AT nyx.net>, "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Generation grammar and b-hebrew
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 06:26:49 -0500

Dave,

I don't think there's any need to worry about the math, if there is any, in
the paper. I think if you just skim the article, especially the introductory
sections, you'll see comments which indicate that at least some people in
the field feel that some modification of the models, including grammars, is
desirable when dealing with languages with a relatively high degree of
freedom in word order. That's probably the direction I would take if I were
to try to develop a grammar.

Eric