b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] The scholars agree that Koine Gr OU means long u.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Garth Grenache <garthgrenache AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] The scholars agree that Koine Gr OU means long u.
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:12:59 +1100

Dear Karl,

K>It was from Hebrew sources before I saw the Greek from Clement that I came
to the conclusion that the name had at least three syllables. What I see
from the Greek is further evidence to back up that conclusion.
K>I call that ?scholarly consensus? into question and see no reason to back
off from that questioning. At least not yet.

That's fine, Karl. I encourage you to pursue the truth of the matter with
such scholars of Koine Greek. I, and others here, have provided the evidence
that satisfies ourselves about this issue. Perhaps if you *seek* the help of
Koine Greek scholars, you will *find* sense in the evidence they provide you.

Kind regards,
Garth Grenache.

Looking for a new home? With all the latest places, searching has never been
easier.
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157631292/direct/01/