b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The logic of the Yahweh discussion (or lack thereof)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Richard" <aaa AT endlyss.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The logic of the Yahweh discussion (or lack thereof)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 22:11:09 -0800

Robert Shannon Sumner wrote: >>>what does the exact pronunciation matter?<<<

Good question. Though I would think it does matter greatly. I, personally,
am not dogmatic about it though "Yahweh" just does not sit well with me.

But "The Name" is the most common word in the entire Tanach unless I'm being
led astray by multiple sources. And how often does He speak about His Name?
Very often.

So, yes it is important and I for one look to the day soon when it will be
revealed and He reveals Himself to the world.

Richard Conaway

pronunciation of the Latin Georgius and its Spanish derivative, Jorge.