b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Ex 33:14 - My Presence will go

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bruce Prince" <bruceprince AT bigpond.com>
  • To: "b-Hebrew List" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Ex 33:14 - My Presence will go
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 14:27:38 +1100

Then Yahweh said, "My Presence will go, and thus I will give rest to you."

Generally, this is paraphrased as, "My Presence will go with you, and I will
dispel your anxiety."

I can understand the latter part of the verse being in the singular, and
referring specifically to Moses, but what about the first part of the verse?
When Yahweh is saying that his Presence will go, does it mean he will go
with Moses, or does it mean he will go with his people, the Israelites?

Thanks

Bruce Prince

Australia