b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Can anyone form Y:ho from Yahweh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davedonnelly1 <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: garthgrenache AT hotmail.com
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Can anyone form Y:ho from Yahweh
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 21:38:47 -0500

Garth Grenache has previously posted the question:

"Can anyone form Y:ho from Yahweh"

Garth and I have worked together on Wikinfo to create an Article called:
Can theophoric names be derived from Yahweh.?
http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/Can_Theophoric_names_be_derived_from_Yah
weh
At the link above can be found the Wikinfo Article titled:
Can Theophoric names be derived from Yahweh?

There are sort of two articles being written about at the same time on
Wikinfo,
which allows Original Research using Hebrew font.

This Original Research Article was started to try to determine, using
Hebrew font,
if all Theophoric Names can be derived from ??????? (i.e. Yahweh).
However this Original Research Article has been unsuccessful, in its
stated goal, at this present time'
In the meantime Garth Grenache is presenting his Yahwa Theory,
along with his evidence that Theophoric names can be derived from Yahwa.

If anyone knows how Yehonathan can be derived by prefixing Nathan with
Yahweh,
you are welcome to post your evidence at the link below:

http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/Can_Theophoric_names_be_derived_from_Yah
weh

You will have to register to post, and you will have to be familiar with
Hebrew unicodes.

Good Luck,
Dave Donnelly

________

Garth Grenache garthgrenache at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 20:21:55 EST 2010
Dear all,
*Can Y:ho- be derived from prefixing Yahwe(h)- to another word?*
I say that it cannot be done not by regular pronunciation changes that
are found to have occurred elsewhere in Hebrew's history.
It is for this reason that I suppose most who attempt to derive Y:ho-
from Yahwe(h) do so by first cutting it short to Yahw and then prefixing
it. Then they guess that the vowel could jump a place Yahw- > Yhaw-, and
the rest is easy. I haven't found this vowel jump occurring elsewhere in
Hebrew, and don't see why people would prefix only part of the Name as is
claimed by this method.
Therefore my questions are simple:
Can anyone here get a prefixed Yahwe(h)- to end up as Y:ho- by regular
pronunciation changes that are attested elsewhere in Hebrew's history?If
not, can anyone justify the apparently arbitrary truncation of YHWH to
Yahw, and demonstrate that Yahw- would become Y:ho- by regular
pronunciation changes found in Hebrew's history?
Dave Donnelly and I have discussed this for a while now. I can
demonstrate that Yahwa- would become Y:ho- in the same way that 'achwatu
became 'achot-.
"Yahwa" is the 5-phoneme pronunciation that I suggest is original for
YHWH.
Kind regards,
Garth.
Small Business Tools
Compete with the big boys. Click here to find products to benefit your
business.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=CO068-6lw9iNt6qty-ObTAAAJ1BVGyITH_OGb159rldJgo3SAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMQAAAAA=