b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ancient Walls May Offer Proof of Bible Passages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Hedrick Gary <garyh AT cjfm.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ancient Walls May Offer Proof of Bible Passages
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:53:27 +0200

Thanks for that. Never heard of Mazar before. Just checked out some of her
work. Apparently she discovers quite a lot of stuff and comes to quick
conclusions that are usually David/Solomon oriented. However, some of the
criticisms I've seen are pretty shaky as well so I'm not sure who to believe
at this point. However, I'm fully convinced that if we were allowed to
unearth all of Jerusalem we would find more than we ever imagined in the way
of evidence of David and Solomon and even before.

James Christian