b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Special Glyphs in LC

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com>
  • To: Christopher Kimball <transcriber AT tanach.us>, Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Special Glyphs in LC
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:30:37 -0500

The section are you referring to are the Sedarim divisions of the text. This list contains the number of the Sedarim (indicated in Hebrew numbers) and the first line of the Sedarim. Some of the "similar" glyphs is where the scribe abbreviated a word.
But I do see in Sedarim 6 that there is the "V with a dot in it" glyph. Interestingly, at the end of that line (5r, column 1, lines 5 and 6) there is that mark.

B"H
John Steven

Christopher Kimball wrote:

They may be "Masorah Finalis (Mf)" that refer to Masoretic notes at the end of the book or Torah. Take a look at Folio 120 Recto column 3 (right-to-left). Some of these look a lot like the marks you're referring too. My book doesn't seem to deal with Mf, just Mp and Mm.

Good luck!

Chris