b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Special Glyphs in LC

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Special Glyphs in LC
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 17:56:35 -0500

No, I'm talking about the actual MS itself.
At the end of many lines are these glyphs. Many look like "V's"/top of an aleph.

Here's an image of what I am talking about from folio 2v, column 2, lines 4-13:
http://home.roadrunner.com/~pgj_k/example_5.jpg <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Epgj_k/example_5.jpg>

B"H
John Steven

Christopher Kimball wrote:

Dear Mr. Steven,

Are you referring to the Westminster Leningrad Codex at

http://www.tanach.us/Tanach.xml ?

If you are, I'd be glad to help. I'm the transcriber of that site.

Please let me know the browser and operating system that you're using as well as a screen shot of the glyphs.

Yours,

Chris Kimball