b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Special Glyphs at the End of Some Lines in the Manuscript of the Lengingrad Codex

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Special Glyphs at the End of Some Lines in the Manuscript of the Lengingrad Codex
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:59:23 -0500

At the suggestion of Christopher Kimball, I am rephrasing my question.

In the manuscript of the LC, some of the lines have odd glyphs at the end.
Here is an example from from folio 2v, column 2, lines 4-13:
http://home.roadrunner.com/~pgj_k/example_5.jpg

As you can see they occur when the last word of a line quite doesn't make it to the edge of the column.
I assume their purpose is insure that one doesn't think that its a paragraph break.

But there are different glyphs used, and I am wondering what the meaning of these glyphs are.

--

B"H
John Steven

  • [b-hebrew] Special Glyphs at the End of Some Lines in the Manuscript of the Lengingrad Codex, Brak, 01/10/2010