b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Frustrations with Hebrew in MSWord

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Charles Grebe <cgrebe AT briercrest.ca>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Frustrations with Hebrew in MSWord
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:22:05 +0300

Hi,
I'm just guessing here but have a feeling that I'm probably right. Microsoft
products usually have what they consider to be 'features' but most of us
consider to be a royal pain in the ... The designers of MS products
genuinely feel that us users are stupid and they know better than us in
areas like:

1) What word we really wanted to type
2) What formatting we wanted to use
3) and other similar areas

For this reason their software is configured to automatically make decisions
for us out of the box. The rare occasion arises when this is genuinely a
help. However, in most cases it's just a hindrance as your experience
illustrates. My guess is that there is some option which you need to uncheck
so that it will stop changing font for you. I can't remember exactly where
the options dialog can be found. It's in one of the standard menus which, of
course, you will have to elongate because MS consider it to be a feature to
have shortened menus which hide what we are really looking for.

James Christian