b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Judges 16:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dianne Burke <biblestudy.burke AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Judges 16:1
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:15:00 +0800

Dear Sirs,

I wanted to thank you for your previous help in my discussions with my
opponent regarding Samson. His arguments were so over the top, that I just
didn't know where to begin. I know that this discussion list is not
designed for the purpose of helping people who are debating others. So many
thanks.

My next question is still regarding Samson and it's a personal question.

In my previous email, I asked about Judges 16:1

I wrote:

> >It has been brought up that Samson in Judges 16:1, did not actually have
> >sexual intercourse with the harlot, yet from my understanding "he came on
> >unto her" is an idiom used for sexual intercourse.

Randall Buth responded:

> Yes. That is what *"bo eleha"* means, and of course that is what a zona
> prostitute does.
> Again, a flawed character.
>
> blessings
> Randall Buth

Unfortunately I don't have an online bible where I can see the Hebrew lined
up with the English. I noticed in the www.blueletterbible.org that it only
lists "bo" and not "eleha".

Is there any significance to this omission?

Does the Hebrew actually read "bo eleha"?

Many thanks,

Dianne "Deni" Burke