b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qohelet

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Rolf Furuli" <furuli AT online.no>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qohelet
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:09:45 -0700

Dear Rolf,

Thanks for the info from the Phoenician period.

You may also want to add that Solomon's sphere of influence stretch all the
way
to the Euphrates River. Just how far down the River is not mentioned in the
text, but even if it just was in Syria it would be easy for Hebrew traders to
come in contact with Persians, etc. Furthermore, the Phoenicians were used in
the building of the First Temple.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III