b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qoheleth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qoheleth
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:41:42 +1000

I did some proofing on the two volumes by Young, Rezetko, and Ehrensvärd. I
thoroughly recommend both volumes to members of the list. I was certainly
convinced by the basic thesis that it is practically impossible to date
biblical texts purely on the basis of linguistics, and that a paradigm shift
is needed in the way we think about what has generally been called 'Early
Biblical Hebrew' and 'Late Biblical Hebrew'.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au