b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Biblical Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: Doug Belot <dbelot AT bigpond.net.au>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Biblical Hebrew
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:25:30 +0100

What a lot of people don't know is that the very name Yehoshua means Yeho is salvation where Yeho is a short form for YHWH.

James Christian

Quoting Doug Belot <dbelot AT bigpond.net.au>:

Thats good to hear ,I always like a decent answer, my question , to
all believers of both the new and old testaments comes from these two
following verses...

Ps 54:1 "save me o god by your name"
Joel 2:32 "Whoever calls on the name of the LORD will be saved" ,

These two from the Old talk about being saved by the "name" of God, and
of course we have trouble defining what that name is , but the with the
New T, we have statement that tells us that only one name can be used
for salvation. Surely it must be the same name that Acts 4:12 refers to
..

Acts 4:12 "Nor is there salvation in any other for there is only one
name given under heaven by which men may be saved"

Do not the exclusive nature of there being only one name by which men
may be saved demand that the name being suggested in Acts 4:12,
Jesus/Yeheshua , is the same name in both salvation verses in the Old
Testament.

doug belot

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Read" <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>