b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Robert Alter on Joseph

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Robert Alter on Joseph
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 01:15:59 +0100

lol,

I get the feeling that even if we did email Joseph and asked him how old he was and he answered that he was 17 at the time that Jim would only interpret that as Joseph still using his 6 month definition of a year. ;-)

James Christian

Quoting George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>:

You know, Jim, I was almost going to agree with you (shock horror), until you claimed that Alter must think that Joseph is really only 8½ years old. Shall I email him (Alter, not Joseph) and ask him whether that is his opinion?

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au