b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] wayyomer as imperfective aspect

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] wayyomer as imperfective aspect
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:48:50 +1000

Hi Rolf,

I'd like to repeat my question since you may have missed it from my earlier post. Can you demonstrate for us how wayyomer in BH is imperfective in aspect?

Thanks,
David Kummerow.

[snip]

And the sticking point is when we actually get down to specific examples from the text. Like I've maintained the last few years, I simply cannot see how wayyomer in every occurrence can be conceptualised imperfectively. I just can't. And you've never dealt with such an example like this to convince those of us who cannot see as you see.

Regards,
David Kummerow.