b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] NXR a verb?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] NXR a verb?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:24:24 -0700

David:

Thanks, that is the answer I am leaning towards. The reason I raised
the question is because not only the meaning, though the idea of “my
mother’s sons” being upset with the woman is somewhat of a stretch,
but the form that it is found seems to fit with it being a Qal or Piel
form. Therefore my question if there were evidence from cognate
languages? Apparently not.

I checked the LXX and each time NXR B- is found, it is translated
differently. Apparently as early as the LXX the meaning was not clear.

Thanks again.

Karl W. Randolph.