b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Calling it quits

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Calling it quits
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:56:39 +1200

B-Hebrews,

I've decided that this list is so dysfunctional that I'm going to
unsubscribe as soon as I've finished posting this. It largely a waste of
time trawling through vast amounts of mostly irrelevant posts for the
occasional gem. I think its sad that the list is unable to operate as it
should. Its supposed to work in accordance with accepted scholarly
principles but one of the most vocal, and often, vicious list members
renounces science and scholarship except for his private definitions of
these. He is not alone. The list will never function properly while this is
tolerated. While some have recently said that the list what you make it,
that is not the case. It cannot be what it should be while science and
scholarship is rejected over and over and over and over and over. It just
sickening to read this stuff year after year after year. I give up.

Good bye.

Bill Rea Ph.D., ICT Services, University of Canterbury \_
E-Mail bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz </ New
Phone +64-3-364-2331, Fax +64-3-364-2332 /) Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'