b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A Survey Question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Phil Sumpter" <philsumpter AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A Survey Question
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:31:50 +0200

I've never done it because it has never been offered, though it's the kind of thing I've dreamt about since doing a CELTA course. If such a thing were offered I'd do it, even though I've reached an advanced stage already.

Phil Sumpter

http://narrativeandontology.blogspot.com/

A survey question.

How many on this list are learning Biblical Hebrew in a spoken BH classroom?

If not, is this because

1. a belief that non-spoken methods are more efficient.

2. for practical reasons, a spoken BH class is not available for you.

3. a belief that BH is special/dead and shouldn't be spoken as a class language.

Thank you for your responses.
Randall

--
Randall Buth, PhD