b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A new list is definitely needed

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A new list is definitely needed
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 08:14:51 +1000

May I encourage those members who seeking a new list, to do what they plan to
do there, here. B-Hebrew exists for its members. It sounds to me like a new
list would merely be doubling up on what we are doing, unless you want to
restrict membership closely and censor/edit posts so that it becomes more
like an online journal. B-Hebrew is only what its members make of it. So, if
you want B-Hebrew to discuss certain things, then please discuss them - you
belong to this forum.

If you create a new list, what's to say that we all won't join up with that
one, too?

As I see it, B-Hebrew is like a big lounge room with numerous conversations
going on at the same time. If some people do not want to contribute a
conversation or participate in one, there's not much point in complaining
about others who are. If you want to go into another 'room' and start
discussing there, why not save yourself the trouble and just start discussing
here? The only way you'll create something different is by locking people out
of the 'room' you're going to. In the end, therefore, a new list would simply
be the bathroom of B-Hebrew.

And remember: email programs have filters and all keyboards have a delete
key. It's only the moderators who need to read every message.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Co-Moderator, B-Hebrew
(Sydney, Australia)