b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] In teh beginning

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] In teh beginning
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 03:29:24 +0100

Hi,

it is my pleasure to report recent linguistic findings about the English tradition of the Torah as shown in manuscript p705xpd fragment 1 which shed light on the true origin of the tradition.

The fragment in question contains, what scholarly consensus agrees to be, the first three verses of Genesis chapter 1. What is of particular interest is that this variant reading begins 'In teh beginning'. As this manuscript predates all extant manuscripts of the English tradition we conclude this to be the most reliable reading.

As we know that the original form of 'teh' in proto-doto-western-Semito-English was of a triconsonantal root its restored form has been reliably established as 'tiyeh'. The form we see in the manuscript 'teh' has evidently undergone shortening due to the weak yodh consonant falling out.

We also know that the final he of 'tiyeh' was of matres lectionis value and by process of elision the form 'tiyeh' evolved from its more ancient form of 'tiyeha'.

Comparison with the proto-doto-babylonski-Anglo dialect show that 'tiyeha' is cognate of 'tiyemta' (the Shiboleth like saga of the Umurna letters show that the proto-doto-babylonskis were incapable of pronouncing a final '-ha' and that their use of a final '-mta' in its place was indicative of their dialect)

The proto-doto-babylonski-Anglo form 'tiyemta' is a direct linguistic ancestor of 'Tiamat'. This shows, beyond an absolute shadow of a doubt, that the oldest manuscript of the English tradition of the creation account in Genesis 1 is actually a pious fraud based on the pagan creation accounts of ancient Babylon.

James Christian

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.