b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Where Is En-Mishpat?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Where Is En-Mishpat?
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 07:37:19 +1000

Jim,

Very long post - more like an article. Please cut it out. Let me remind you
AGAIN (!!!) that this forum is not your personal blog. (BTW, have you looked
into getting your own blog where you can post this stuff? It really would
serve you much better.)

Most of your musings look quite implausible to me. A bit like saying Southern
California must be heaven, because "The Town of the Queen of the Angels" (Los
Angeles) is there. Once again, your methodology is backward, imposing your
own shape onto the evidence, and inferring far-fetched conclusions.

Incidentally, there is no evidence for Amalekites in Galilee, but plenty for
the Negev region. And "En" does not mean gateway - it means 'spring' or
'fountain'. Plain and simple.

There is no need to pursue this thread anymore.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au