b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Jim's posts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Jim's posts
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:04:37 +0000

Yitzhak,

How do you know if a person is a troll, a crank, or an iconoclast?

Wikipedia has a good article about cranks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crank_(person)

I think Jim is definitely not a troll. He is a person with new ideas, but he
does not have the education to use linguistics and ancient languages to prove
his ideas. He is good at citing scholars for most of what he says, so at
least some of what he says might be based on some scholarly research. I think
his ideas are interesting because scholars disagree, but can't stop answering
him anyway. I wish I knew his secret to getting scholars to listen to his
ideas.

Kenneth Greifer

HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.