b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] George Athas is arbitrary--Call for list consideration and response

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] George Athas is arbitrary--Call for list consideration and response
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:47:41 +1100

My opinion is that George (and the other moderators who have generally remained silent) has been more than patient with your off-the-wall posts. My opinion is that I don't think you should have gotten away with that genre-bending post claiming that Satan in the Genesis narrative (not Genesis wisdom literature!) is really Adam's penis -- your imaginative scholarship can be downright offensive.

David Kummerow.

The co-moderator, George Athas, is arbitrary is dictating what is appropriate to this forum. If he doesn't like it, he closes the thread. All of my posts have to do with the literature of the Hebrew Bible which he himself has stated is the subject of this forum. I submit that Mr. Athas is simply indulging in censorship based on his personal preferences without regard to the subject matter of the b-Hebrew forum. Certainly the authorship of the Pentateuch is a matter related to the study of the literature of the Hebrew Bible. And yet he sees fit to close the thread, and without explanation. Mr. Athas seems intent of preserving some sort of self-styled status quo and does not support intellectual debate and cooperative learning unless it fits his personal agenda. I do not hear from the other moderators. Its is always Athas that jumps on my posts as somehow "inappropriate." I appeal to the list members to withstand this arbitrary censorship
of one of the moderators. If I am in violation of some rule of b-Hebrew, let that rule be cited and defended by all the moderators and the list owner, who, by the way, is non-responsive to my questions. Athas wastes your with his arbitrary and over restrictive, self-invented rules of personal "protocol."

Lloyd Barré, PhD

  • Re: [b-hebrew] George Athas is arbitrary--Call for list consideration and response, David Kummerow, 02/10/2009