b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 74, Issue 9

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 74, Issue 9
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 17:53:18 -0800

Mark:
Are you confusing facts with processes?

True, what we knew of biochemistry 25 years ago is long outdated by new
discoveries since. Have I ever challenged that?

But has the process of scientific method changed? Even though we now use
computers for number crunching which can show up patterns that we in the
past would not have recognized, is not the cornerstone of science still
observation? Repeatable observation?

Or has the methodology for, process of science changed? In other words, can
I make a model that is mathematically and logically consistent, but that
violates observation, and have it be science?

Karl W. Randolph.