b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ANE Chronology

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ANE Chronology
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:29:39 -0800

Peter:
>From what I have read in other sources, Ugarit is dated by finds indicating
that it was contemporaneous to the Ramasid pharaohs.

The Ramasid pharaohs are dated by the mainstream to the 13th and 12th
centuries BC, by a minority to the 10th and 9th centuries BC, and by some
as late as the 7th to 6th centuries BC. Which is correct? I am certain that
the mainstream is wrong, but what about the other proposals?

And if Ugarit's dates are connected to the Ramasid pharaohs, how certain
does it make Ugarit's dates?

Karl W. Randolph.