b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ANE Chronology

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ANE Chronology
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:15:02 -0800

Yigal:
I have repeatedly pointed out sources, both as references to books, and URLs
to sites on line.

To be strictly honest, I don't support any one particular ANE proposed
history. All I know is that there are several proposed, and because I have
not studied any one in depth, I am not sure which one is correct. The only
two things I am sure of, is that the one proposed by Prof. Kitchen and his
disciples cannot be correct, if the Bible is correct; and that even scholars
disagree on ANE history.

Beyond that, I oppose those who preach that theirs is the only acceptable
scheme for ANE history, which is why I have been somewhat hard on Jim
Stinehart.

Karl W. Randolph.