b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:06:38 -0800

Bill:
Dr.s George Gaylord Simpson and William S. Beck were very specific that the
scientific method is limited to the steps outlined in that article. Further,
in their textbook, they gave examples of studies that are not scientific,
and why, based on that definition. They wanted to make sure there is no
confusion. So from your answer, I see three options:

1) Despite the fact they were world famous professors teaching at Harvard,
they were mistaken concerning what are science and the scientific method.

2) The definition of science is fluid, so what was scientific 20 years ago
is no longer scientific, and what was not scientific 20 years ago is now
scientific.

3) You are wrong.

Which is it? Personally, I'll go with the professors as being correct, and
you wrong.

Karl W. Randolph.

Ps: I checked with other science professors and graduate students, both in
person and via email, and they were unanimous in saying I had correctly
understood the textbook.