b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:24:06 -0800

Yigal:

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il> wrote:

> [...]

No, I meant it merely as an illustrative use. Further, I did not want to bog
down the debate with so much verbiage.

> Even worse than the
> original Wikipedia, this "Wikinfo" article was clearly written by an
> extreme
> conservative, with just this discussion in mind!

I'm sorry, I couldn't help laughing when I read this. This article was
written years ago, then was rewritten and revised time and again by the
Wikipedia community. So how could it be written with just this discussion in
mind?

> It misrepresents
> practically everything in claims to define, and does in in a way that looks
> like a Wikipedia article.
>
> Yigal Levin

It *was* a Wikipedia article. So of course, wouldn't it look like one?

OK, I'll bite. How does it misrepresent practically everything it clams to
define? How could it be made more accurate and descriptive?

Or have you gotten so in a rut of formal thinking, which is used by almost
all religions, that functional thinking is opaque to you?

See http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/Hebrew_thought