b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Simplest biblical book

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Simplest biblical book
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:29:58 -0800

The easiest books I found to read are Kings, followed closely by Chronicles.
Samuel is usually fairly simple, except it has some embedded poetry. As
stated by others, Judges is pretty easy except for chapter five. I find much
of Joshua, as well as the first chapters of Chronicles, not that easy to
read because of all the names listed: it gets rather dull and hard to push
myself to continue.
This list should take a beginner possibly a year to read, by the end of
which he should have enough experience to be ready to tackle Genesis,
Numbers, Ruth, Jonah, though not necessarily in that order.

Just my 2ยข.

Karl W. Randolph.