b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Jacob-El

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Jacob-El
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:42:49 -0800

Jim:

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 6:36 AM, <JimStinehart AT aol.com> wrote:

> As noted in the first post on this thread,

You need to get a new server; every message you send is a new thread.

> "Jacob-El" is an old Amorite name

Therefore not part of this discussion, namely B-Hebrew.

> from the early 2nd millennium BCE. Does that old Amorite name show up in
> the
> mid-15th century BCE on the Thutmosis III list as being a city name

According to http://www.specialtyinterests.net/ King Thutmosis III, also
known as Shisherka (Hebrew $$Q), raided Jerusalem and the temple after the
death of Solomon, making him late tenth century BC. Therefore his city list
has nothing to do with pre-Israel Canaan.

> But now we need to move on to the second question here. If the Bible has
> near-blanket coverage of Late Bronze Age cities, towns and important
> villages in
> southern Canaan, as I believe it does,

This is pure speculation, which the text of the Bible itself indicates is
not true.

> Jim Stinehart
> Evanston, Illinois

You are repeating yourself, and refusing to acknowledge when evidence
calling into question your speculations is presented. Those are the actions
of a demagogue, not those of a scholar in a debate.