b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re Ezk 3:14 in the heat of my spirit

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Oun Kwon <kwonbbl AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re Ezk 3:14 in the heat of my spirit
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 20:44:11 -0500

Hi there,

I don't know Hebrew which is greek to me. (Frankly, even Hebrew
transliteration makes me dizzy.) I don't know even how to impose my
own view onto Hebrew. All I can deal with is English glosses or
translations. When someone argues convincing for or against, that's
what I can take. No more, no less. Sometimes I fall into fancy ones.
Then it takes more reading and listening until an alternative becomes
my choice.

Honestly, until I come across someone who takes something differently
(book, web, sermon), I would never know there is something more than
it appears. I would not even think of checking a footnote of NET
buried among myriads of stuff for that manner. When it comes into my
radar, however, I cannot stop wondering until I'm happy with - which
one makes better sense, be it of consensus or (even) wacky one. Then I
submit to this list to hear about more.

Thank you all for letting me learn like by taking crumbs off the table.

Oun Kwon.