b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re Ezk 3:14 in the heat of my spirit

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Oun Kwon <kwonbbl AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re Ezk 3:14 in the heat of my spirit
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:46:18 -0500

Thanks Bill,

If I may phrase out my original question, it would be like this:

Should I understand it as 'he got heated up' or 'he got angry'. The
immediate context suggests (at least to me) the former. But I got
disappointed to see that most translations choose the latter. Making
it clear, it leaves the question unsolved - If angry, then angry about
what? Is the translation influenced by the preceding word 'bitterness'
- bitter, thus becoming angry? How about taking as 'bitter - then he
got charged to face his task'?

I see two concepts are simply far apart.

Oun Kwon.