b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex bug repair on transcription notes.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Christopher Kimball <transcriber AT tanach.us>
  • To: Yakov Hadash <yakov.hadash AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex bug repair on transcription notes.
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:25:47 -0400

My only hardware is an Intel MacPro running OS X 10.5.3 with Firefox RC3 and the site displays correctly except for the continuing SBL Hebrew font problems. (Virtual machines under VMware Fusion allow testing on 3 MS systems and 2 Linux systems.) So it's not impossible to see the site on a Mac.

An excellent starting point is to clear the cache under the Firefox Tools:Clear Private Data... menu item.
Another test is to determine if you can view

http://www.tanach.us/Fonts/FontTest.html

which is viewable even under Safari on my machine.

I'll be glad to work with you and other Mac users on this. Please send as details about your OS X version, computer hardware, browser, and network access.

Chris Kimball
West Redding, CT