b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] repost of full question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Bill Rea" <bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] repost of full question
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:33:08 -0700

Bill:
Strange, those "highly idiosyncratic definitions" were taken directly from
science textbooks, agreed to by scientists when I discussed the issues with
them, even on open fora such as the international skeptics board (when they
had open discussions). I have yet to interact with a working physicist,
chemist or other scientist who disagrees with those "highly idiosyncratic
definitions". Does that mean that most scientists are "not talking about
what most of the rest of the world would understand by that word (science)"?

Karl W. Randolph.