b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] translation of Los Lunas ten commandments?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ted Walther <ted AT reactor-core.org>
  • To: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] translation of Los Lunas ten commandments?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:11:36 -0700

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 07:26:11PM -0700, dwashbur AT nyx.net wrote:
I found this line curious:

"...is convinced that the inscription is ancient and thus authentic."

What precisely does "authentic" mean in such a context?

Alas, the author of those words died in 2002. I guess he meant
"authentic" as in, the words were inscribed by a real Hebrew, not by a
prankster along the lines of Joseph Smith and his golden tablets.
I would love to see a transliteration of the inscription into modern
Hebrew letters so I can compare it to the Hebrew bible. Is anyone game?
How much would I have to pay?

Ted