b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] sending books by email page by page

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] sending books by email page by page
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:50:05 +0000

Jim Stinehart,

I think you have many interesting and controversial ideas about the
patriarchal narratives and their connection to the Amarna letters, but I
think you should put your ideas into a book, and make them freely available
on an internet site. I feel like you are sending out a book page by page by
email, and I would rather read an interesting book all at once if I am
interested in a subject. By dividing up a book's worth of information into
many emails, it takes away from the possible enjoyment of your information.

I have an internet site with my own amateur "book" that nobody but me likes,
but I don't send out my book page by page by email because it is not as
interesting to read. Also, if people did not like my "book", it would just
bother them.

Your ideas lose their impact from being divided up into so many pieces.
People can't see the big picture like they can in a book. I highly recommend
that you put your ideas into a book and then just send snippets to people by
email to make them aware of your book and your interesting ideas.

Of course, this is just a suggestion, but most researchers like you put their
ideas into a book. For example, if someone wants to look up an earlier idea
you sent, which email in the archives should they look at ? If everything was
in a book on an internet site, then they would have an easier time,
especially if you have an index.

I am not saying that I agree with your controversial ideas, but I just think
you are making them less persuasive by dividing them up into many emails.

Kenneth Greifer
Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in.