b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Study on energic nun ter

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Study on energic nun ter
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:11:51 -0800

On 3 Dec 2007 at 10:01, K Randolph wrote:

> Isaac:

[snip]

> I can understand why others call for your expulsion.

I can understand, too, but I don't support it. I wholeheartedly support the
rules and
guidelines that call for expulsion because of abuse, personal attacks, and
that sort of thing,
but I won't support any expulsion based solely on ideas. If we start down
that road, where
do we stop? Who decides, and how? As long as the idea, however far-fetched
it might
seem to some (perhaps all) of us, is related to biblical Hebrew, and as long
as it is
presented in a fairly respectful and non-abusive manner, I submit that any
and all ideas
should be airable here. If one thinks the idea is "out there like Pluto"
then one simply need
not read that person's posts. But censorship based on radical or unpopular,
or even
disproven, ideas, is a really bad idea itself.

Dave Washburn
As a French hippie might say, "Je ne creuse pas!"