b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Study on energic nun ter

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Study on energic nun ter
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:01:03 -0800

Isaac:
Let's put the shoe on the other foot: does not the fact that your
unconventional ideas have failed to convince a single one of us, not even
among those of us who are inclined towards more unconventional ideas, argue
against the rightness of your ideas?

The sine-qua-non of lexicography is context. Etymology, or supposed
etymology, often has no role in the meanings as recognized by context. That
your definitions often fail the context test has convinced me that your
ideas are wrong. If your ideas are wrong in the area where I have my
greatest familiarity, how can I trust your other ideas?

I often don't read your posts anymore.

I can understand why others call for your expulsion.

Karl W. Randolph.