b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Genesis 31:47

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Genesis 31:47
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:44:01 +0000

Jim,

I am not a scholar, but I think I understand what you are saying. I think you
are saying that Laban the Aramean came from a place called Aram, but he did
not speak Aramaic. He called the rocks some words in Hebrew and Hebrew mixed
with Hurrian that later became Aramaic words that coincidentally meant the
same thing as the Hebrew words Jacob used "heap of witness (testimony)".

Is this what you are saying?

What are you trying to prove by your ideas about this quote? Are you trying
to show that the story took place at an earlier time before Aramaic was
spoken?

Kenneth Greifer
Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in.