b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 31:47

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 31:47
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:28:57 +0000

I did not realize that my suggestion to ask his question at an Aramaic site
sounded like I was saying his question was not valid at b-hebrew. I was just
trying to suggest a place where he could get answers to his questions. Now
that I look at what I wrote, I see why it looks a little mean. I did not mean
to be mean.

Kenneth Greifer

Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:08:26 +0000From: jcr.bhebrew AT gmail.comTo:
greifer AT hotmail.comSubject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 31:47CC:
b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.orgI think Jim's question has a very valuable place on
this list. It is after all a list for biblical hebrew and these words exist
in the hebrew canon and the date of authorship of the torah has been called
into question many times on this list in many different contexts and
assumptions about dates of authorship have regularly been used to 'support'
linguistic proposals about the hebrew text. Jim's question is therefore more
than valid and I for one am eager awaiting an answer. (Sorry, I can't help
you Jim. I just don't know).James Christian Read - BSc Computer Science
http://www.lamie.org/hebrew Thesis 1 - Aleppo codex machine
translationhttp://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc Thesis 2 - language acquisition
simulation